New Montblanc pen honours Sherlock Holmes
Words by Rob Chilton
REGISTER AND RECEIVE 25% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER
Six things we love about the new fountain pen
The beautiful writing implement is now available at Montblanc in The Dubai Mall, where visitors can play a murder mystery game in a secret room at the back of the store. Here are the key features of the pen.
1. The Writers Edition Sir Arthur Conan Doyle fountain pen and rollerballs are limited to 1902 each, corresponding to the year The Hound of Baskervilles was published. This was also the year Conan Doyle was knighted.
2. The author’s likeness has been engraved on the rhodium-coated Au750 solid gold nib.
3. The cap and barrel feature a London street map including Sherlock Holmes’s famous address in Baker Street.
4. The silhouette of a hound from The Hound of The Baskervilles sits behind the magnifying glass clip and glows in the dark – spooky.
5. The cap ring carries Conan Doyle’s signature and ‘February 1925’, the date he opened The Psychic Bookshop in London.
6. Hornbeam surrounds the mother of pearl Montblanc symbol in the cap and is also present at the end of the pen. The significance of this wood is that it’s used to make pipes, an object of which Sherlock Holmes was rather fond.
FOOD & DRINK
Dubai chef: Luca Tresoldi at The Artisan in DIFC