Missoni Wave for men: 5 things we like
Words by Rob Chilton
REGISTER AND RECEIVE 25% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER
A fresh, new eau de toilette for men from the Italian fashion house
1. We’ll get to the scent in a moment but, firstly, the sparkling blue bottle that echoes the waves of the Mediterranean sea is a winner. It’s made using a technique called sublimation that allows colour to be applied in richer hues. The cap, meanwhile, carries Missoni’s trademark zigzag pattern.
2. Missoni say the modern and vegan fragrance is “dedicated to the young man who lives his life to the full,” a guy who is “generous and adventurous, virile and principled, and above all, a commanding leader.” Is it Marcus Rashford?
3. What does it smell like? Well, it’s big on citrus, fresh air and the sea breeze. Adding to the mandarin top note is lavender, rosemary, geranium, vetiver and oak moss. The final impression is fresh, elegant and dreamy – like cruising the Med on a two-week sailing holiday.
4. The fragrance’s advertising campaign is fronted by French ballet dancer and model, Mickael Lafon, who’s a member of the prestigious Paris Opera.
5. As well as the eau de toilette (AED 225 for 50ml), Wave also comes in a deodorant stick (AED 100 for 75ml), after shave balm (AED 145 for 100ml) and a shower gel (AED 135 for 200ml).
Umbro unveils new range of football-inspired streetwear