TECH & GAMING
Bose Frames - get the lowdown
Words by Nathan Irvine
REGISTER AND RECEIVE 25% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER
We trial the new Bose Frames, the device that combines wireless headphones and sunglasses in one beautifully constructed gadget
Here’s your five-point guide.
1. You no longer need to take wireless headphones and sunglasses out with you. Bose Frames discreetly feeds music into your ears through built-in speakers in the arms. The lenses can deal with 99 per cent of UV rays so your eyes are protected, too.
2. Priced at AED 849, they come in two styles. The square and angular Alto has that timeless Wayfarer look to them while the Rondo has a softer, more rounded shape.
3. A hidden microphone embedded in the frame allows you to take and make calls on-the-go while a button at the right temple controls conversations and engages Siri or Google Assistant.
4. Lightweight and comfortable yet tough, the 45g Bose Frames are fitted with scratch and shatter resistant lenses and provide 3.5 hours of playback on a single charge.
5. Bose Frames allow you to step into a new world through dedicated apps. Downloadable features in Bose AR (Augmented Reality) range from delivering bonus audio content at music festivals to taking part in an alien abduction story by moving and using your voice.
Are you making these grooming goofs?